Published on February 20th, 2013 | by Anthonys0
Best 5 Killer Tools for Link Building and Boosting the SERP Rankings
When you think of starting link building campaigns for your set of websites, the immediate feeling is terror as it requires a lot of hard work to generate credible links. To make things little easier for webmasters many companies have come up with their easy link building tools, but then there are literally tons of them out there and selecting one or two can be a painstaking job in itself.
To make your life little easier, we have made a list of top 5 link building tools available out there to be used.
- Ontolo: This is a very powerful but complex tool that helps you in finding prospective websites that can help you in the process of link building. If one gets used to its little complex user interface then it is very difficult to be replaced with something else. It can also me called unmatched when it comes to link prospecting but the users have to be careful as it only gives desired results for very specific search phrases or keywords. These keywords tell Ontolo to find the set of relevant websites but if the search phrase is vague, you might end up with an endless list of websites. The tool is available for $97/month.
- Raven: This SEO tool is versatile to say the least as it covers everything right from analysis on-page SEO to monitoring link building and social media. Like Ontolo, again Raven is little confusing to begin with but once you have mastered the tool the benefits are endless. It comes with a very wide range of features and options including link management and monitoring and great integration of TextBroker and Basecamp. The tool can be availed for $99/month.
- OpenSiteExplorer: This is the tool that helps you rise above the competition in real terms. This tool helps you in finding what is happening around you and what your competitors are doing in terms of generating back links. This tool offers a list, which contains important metrics like number of inbound links pointing to a particular website or a particular web page, domain authority, anchor text of the back links etc. Domain authority score is given out of 100.
- BuzzStream: One of the most time consuming and difficult parts of building back links is reaching out and convincing owners of other websites for requesting to permission to give a link pointing to your website. This is exactly where BuzzStream comes handy. It helps you in generating a big database of websites that can be reached out for link building, helps you in assigning the work to one of your staffs, and finally also gives the options for contacting the website owners. It does sound simple but when the list of potential web masters goes on an on with hundreds of webmasters things can easily go out of control and this is why BuzzStream becomes important.
- Citation Labs: This is yet another excellent link building tool and works somewhat similar to BuzzStream as it makes the task of finding quality and relevant websites you can try to link to. The website is literally one of the best tools of this kind to find prospective websites for link building. The biggest advantage Citation Labs has over the others that it is very simple to use while others often come with complex user interface.
About Author – John Powell is an SEO consultant in http://uk.manuallinkbuilding.com with over 10 years of experience in the field of search engine optimization. Through his chain of personal blogs, John often shares SEO tips and strategies.